Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Smell the roses

I've been juggling too many balls my end. When that happens, you know you'll drop some balls soon. There's only so much of a load that you can carry.

*thud*

The first ball I dropped was... blogging!

*thud*

Food!
I eat on the run. :) But I've lost some weight, so that's not too bad!

*thud*

Then sleep.
Thank God for coffee!

Which brings me to my point...

Life is so beautiful when you take a moment to stop and smell the roses.

To sit still and observe...

The other day, I was overwhelmed by too much work. My inbox pile was increasing at an alarming rate, whereas my outbox remained empty. Plodding on with all that work, I heard a bird chirping outside my window. A cheeky looking black bird with a yellow beak.

I watched it for a while, hearing it's song. I'm sure it sang an ode to the joy of the world. It sat there for all of 10 minutes till I moved to grab my camera.

It flew away leaving me all the better for its presence.

3 comments:

Itsfarsh said...

I wondering it was about time for your monthly blog update :)

Nice Post.. Glad to see you are keeping busy.. kudos on the weight loss but i am not approving the method.. :)

Itsfarsh said...

A cheeky looking black bird with a yellow beak.

I saw it on a tree next to my office.. . lost in absolute serenity, aloof from the perails of the world...

Sometimes i want to be Free as a bird..

widad said...

I love the view outside my window. Often, I stand watching the birds fly...